Hollow concrete blocks are substitutes for conventional bricks and stones in building construction. They are lighter than bricks, easier to place and also confer economics in foundation cost and consumption of cement. In comparison to conventional bricks, they offer the advantages of uniform quality, faster speed of construction, lower labor involvement and longer durability. In view of these advantages, hollow concrete blocks are being increasingly used in construction activities.
- 4″ – 400mm x 200mm x 200mm
- 5″ – 400mm x 200mm x 125mm
- 6″ – 400mm x 200mm x 150mm
- 8″ – 400mm x 200mm x 100mm
- No additional form work or any special construction machinery is required for reinforcing the hollow block masonry.
- Only semi-skilled labor is required for this type of construction.
- It is a faster and easier construction system, when compared to the other conventional construction systems.
- It is also found to be a cost-effective disaster resistant construction system, as explained in the next section.